- Check that your Glockemann Pump inquiry form gave us the correct measurements.
- Refer to your Performance Statistics Guide. Make sure that you have the right drive tube size, 100mm or 150mm. The drive Tube has to be a min of 0.6 to 1.8 metres long but can be up to 100 metres long to gain the fall that is required to operate the pump. If this is the case than a (T) must be installed at 6 metres or 8 metres from the pump, at a height of about one metre. This allows the pump to push the weight of water up to the (T) on the forward stroke of the pump.
- Make sure that you have the right drop or fall in the drive tube to the pump. The drive tube should have an 0.4 to 1.8 metre fall. This is the most important measurement to have correct.
- Make sure that you have the right head height from the pump to where you want to pump the water (this is called “the “head”) or the tank where you want to pump the water.
- By simple looking at your chart and calculator, select on the size of your drive tube – it can be 100mm or 150mm. Then select the fall of the drive tube. Then add the height that you want to pump the water to (the head). The calculator will give you the volume of water your pump will deliver over 24 hours.